Urban Partnership Group – Invest @ Masbro
Hammersmith and Fulham Council funds Urban Partnership Group to run the Masbro Community Centre offering the following activities:
- space for local groups in the areas of education; arts and crafts; health and well-being; and social and recreational.
- volunteering opportunities for local people
- DBS service for local organisations
31 March 2021
Annual funding level
In the past year....
- There were 47,522 recorded visits to the centre. The total number of volunteer hours were 7795 - £76,001 equivalent to the London Living Wage.
Outcomes for residents
- 32 organisations improved their safeguarding of vulnerable children and young people through accessing the DBS service at the Masbro Centre
- 51% (173) stated that coming to the Masbro Centre had increased their health and wellbeing
- 43% (146) stated that coming to the Masbro Centre had made them feel more positive about their future
- 49% (167) felt they had been supported to gain further skills
- 87% visited the centre once a week or more and 96% regarded the array of services at the Centre as being either 'good' or 'very good'
£175,714 through rental income, fundraising and donations
Other achievements/future plans for the service
This period saw a ground breaking deal between Hammersmith and Fulham Council and the Urban Partnership Group. UPG have achieved the freehold transfer of the Masbro Centre and Edward Woods Community Centre plus a 30-year lease n 49 Brook Green. This enables UPG to bring together three venues which all currently provide services through the Masbro Centre's holistic model programme of health, wealth and wellbeing.
Related news stories
- Hammersmith & Fulham Council helps Westfield give charities a boost (6 September 2016)
- H&F funding is helping charities change lives (27 May 2016)