Urban Partnership Group – Invest @ Masbro
- UPG are awarded funding to deliver Invest@Masbro which includes the following:
- To continue to run a community centre providing support and development services and events for communities in need and to promote social inclusion for hard to reach communities and establish a pathway for socially excluded groups to access mainstream services.
- To support the maintenance, upkeep and marketing of the Masbro Centre.
- To develop a community hub strategy with primarily White City Community Centre, Edwards Woods Community Centre and Grove Neighbourhood Council
- Support agencies to safeguard children and young people through a Disclosure and Barring checks (DBS) Service
31 March 2021
Annual funding level
In the past year
64 Solar Panels for Masbro Centre making the Masbro run on sunshine and a sustainable source of energy. Ensured UPG is a Covid-19 employer by providing awareness training to staff and volunteers, adopting policies and procedures, following national and local guidelines, investing in sanitisers, PPE and air purifiers.
Number of residents supported
Use of volunteers
The service’s 100 volunteers delivered 7800 hours of work. This is the equivalent to £84,630 if the London Living Wage is applied to the volunteering hours. This is across UPG’s three grant funded projects.
Outcomes being achieved
- Established a food distribution service which provided 20,000 food parcels (estimated value £1 million pounds) through food collections and deliveries to vulnerable families and elderly people in Hammersmith & Fulham.
- £100,000 investment in a new art studio, training rooms and signage at Masbro Centre
- £90,000 investment in new Nursery facilities and a Woodland Play area.
£430,000 for UPG – benefitting all three grant funded projects
- Development of food distribution service through a coalition of food partners and helping families, elderly and young people find pathways out of poverty.
- Reconfiguration of services to make the most out of digital technology while promoting our Contact, Care and Connect Programme.
- Provide solar panels for Edward Woods Community Centre
- Increase affordable childcare opportunities in the borough