H&F Volunteer Centre
- Supporting H&F residents to volunteer in H&F voluntary and community sector organisations (from outreach to 1-2-1 interviews)
- Acting as a volunteer recruitment service for H&F voluntary and community sector organisations
- Supporting best practice volunteer management through tailored support for H&F voluntary sector organisations and Volunteer Organisers Forums
- DBS advice and checking service
31 March 2021
Annual funding level
In the past year
The Volunteer Centre has supported the work of H&F CAN through training materials for the many volunteers that have come forward to .
Number of residents supported
Use of volunteers
The service’s 2 volunteers delivered 145 hours of work, equivalent to £1,573 if using the London Living Wage as a proxy measure.
Outcomes being achieved
- 120 organisations have received direct support in recruitment, volunteer management, governance and good practice
- 20 organisations have received advice and information on relevant funding
- 5 received advice and information in on-line working and CRM systems for Volunteer Management
- Over 2,500 people were matched with volunteering opportunities many in support of Covid-19 relief
- At least 4 moved into employment as a result of volunteering placements
- 120 attended online advice sessions for prospective volunteers.
- Working with LBHF to co-produce volunteer infrastructure needs for the voluntary and community sector
- Deliver new project RETURN helping unemployed younger people to develop skills and experience through volunteering
- Deliver new project Mutual Aid Plus supporting
- Helping businesses to support the voluntary and community sector in covid-19 recovery and post-Covid-19
- Further developing Participaction programme to increase level of informal volunteering, participation and social action