Consultation on admission arrangements 2022-23
Every school is required by law to set their admission arrangements (policy) which govern how places are offered to applicants. Within the policies are criteria that the schools use in determining the order of priority for allocating places. If a school decides they are changing the way they offer places, they are required to undertake consultation a year before the change becomes effective. Also, schools are required to undertake consultation every 7-year period even where no changes are required.
The law expects schools and academies to bring their consultation to the attention of:
- parents of children between the ages of two and eighteen
- other persons in the area who have an interest in the proposed arrangements
- all other schools and academies within the local area
- the local authority
- any neighbouring local authorities
- relevant faith bodies
The consultation process which allows any concerns about changes to be raised, should take place for at least 6 weeks between 1 October and 31 January. At the end of the consultations, decisions are made and the arrangements are considered as 'determined'. The admission arrangements must be determined by 28 February and published by 15 March.
The governing body of a school is responsible for making decisions about its admission arrangements. For community school, decisions are made by the local authority while decisions for voluntary aided, free and academy schools are made by their individual governing body.
For the 2022-23 academic year, the following schools are consulting. Please visit each school's website for full details and how to submit your concern.
- Ark Burlington Danes Academy (secondary and primary)
- Ark Swift Academy
- Fulham Bilingual (pdf) - Fulham Bilingual consultation notice letter (pdf)
- Holy Cross Catholic Primary School
- Queen's Manor Primary School (pdf)
- St Augustine's Catholic Primary School (pdf)
- St John's Walham Green CoE Primary School (pdf)
- St Paul's CoE Primary School
- Sacred Heart High School
- West London Free School (pdf) - West London Free School consultation notice letter (pdf)