Healthier Catering Commitment
Restaurants, takeaways, sandwich bars and other caterers that offer healthier food options can now apply for a Healthier Catering Commitment award.
We run this scheme in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
The Healthier Catering Commitment scheme publicly recognises caterers who are committed to:
- promoting good health by providing a range of foods that meet customer demands for healthier choices
- providing a good standard of hygiene and have achieved a three or more food hygiene risk rating
- recognising that eating well is an important factor in reducing the risk of heart disease, obesity and stroke.
The aim is to take simple steps to reduce saturated fat and salt and offer healthier alternatives such as low sugar drinks or smaller portion sizes. The scheme is based on the principle that small changes can make big differences.
Who is eligible?
All types of catering establishments can apply, including sandwich bars, pubs, restaurants, business caterers, leisure centres and takeaways.
What are the benefits?
We promote the scheme to increase public awareness of the benefits. We’ll give you a certificate and a window sticker to display on your premises. Previous winners have found the award helped to:
- increase the number of customers
- increase secondary spending, as people stayed for longer
- get them free nutritional advice from a qualified nutritionist
- publicise their business as the scheme expands.
So far, we have awarded the Healthier Catering Commitment to:
- 222 Veggie Vegan, 222 North End Road, W14 9NU
- Aromma, 222 New Kings Road, SW6 4NZ
- Blenheim Chalrcot@The Hive, 1 Hammersmith Broadway, W6 9DL
- Bridge Cafe, 188 Du Cane Road London, W12 0BJ
- British Safety Council, 70 Chancellors Road, W6 9RS
- Cafe at W6, 17 Ravenscourt Avenue, W6 0SL
- Chairs & Coffee, 512 Fulham Road, SW6 5NJ
- Charing Cross Hospital Restaurant, Fulham Palace Road, W6 8RF
- CH&Co, Chivers House, 72 Chancellors Road, W6 9RS
- Cherry On Top, 623 Fulham Road, SW6 5UQ
- Chelsea Independent College, 517-523 Fulham Road, SW6 1HD
- Chicken Corner, 4 Erconwald Street, W12 0BS
- Crazy for Coffee, 275 Lillie Road, SW6 7LL
- Delicious, 61 Fulham High Street, SW6 3JJ
- Diner at Kidzania, Westfield Shopping Centre London, W12 7SQ
- Eshta, 149 Goldhawk Road, W12 8EN
- Esquires Coffee, West 12 Shopping Centre, W12 8PP
- Food I.T., 192 King Street, W6 0RA
- Fuel Juice Bar, Westfield Shopping Centre London, W12 7GF
- Fulham Fried Chicken, 488 Fulham Road, SW6 5NH
- Glo, 11 Heathman’s Road, SW6 4TJ
- Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, W12 0HS
- Ho-ja, 39 Goldhawk Road, W12 8QQ
- Kidzania Cafe, Westfield Shopping Centre London, W12 7SQ
- Little H, 267 New King's Road, SW6 4RB
- Love Walk Cafe, 12 Jerdan Place, SW6 1BH
- Mamma Anna & Co, 3 Charleville Road, W14 9JL
- Manhattan Cafe, 28 Parsons Green Lane, SW6 4HS
- Manuka Kitchen, 510 Fulham Road, SW6 5NJ
- Bombon Coffee, 91 Peterborough Road, SW6 3BU
- Moosh, 17 Jerdan Place, SW6 1BE
- Nuovi Sapori, 295 New Kings Road, SW6 4RE
- Osteria, 164 Wandsworth Bridge Road, SW6 2UQ
- Pappa Ciccia, 105 Munster Road, SW6 5RQ
- Parents Lounge at Kidzania, Westfield Shopping Centre London, W12 7GF
- Parsons Green Fish Bar, 34 Parsons Green Lane, SW6 4HS
- Pepe’s Piri Piri, 607 Fulham Road, SW6 5UA
- Pho, Westfield Shopping Centre London, W12 7GE
- Pires Sandwich Bar, 762 Fulham Road, SW6 5SH
- Rude Health Cafe, 212 New King's Road, SW6 4NZ
- Savoy Fisheries, 100 Old Oak Common Lane, W3 7DA
- Sams Chicken, 138 King Street, W6 0DU
- Shepherds Sandwich Bar, 30 Scrubs Lane, NW10 6RA
- St Clements, 201 New King's Road, SW6 4SR
- Tanya’s Cafe, 709 Fulham Road, SW6 5UL
- The Gate Vegetarian Restaurant, 51 Queen Caroline Street, W6 9QL
- The Hive, 670 Fulham Road, SW6 5RX
- The Sanctuary, 651 Fulham Road, SW6 5PU
- VV Cafe, 241 Munster Road, SW6 6BS
- Yamal Alsham, 5 The Boulevard, SW6 2UB
This list may not be up to date.
Food and Safety Team
Hammersmith & Fulham Council
Hammersmith Town Hall
020 8753 1081