Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) (for open businesses)
The Tier 2 and 3 Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) (for open businesses) is to support businesses in the hospitality, hotel, bed and breakfast and leisure sectors.
This discretionary grant will cover the period that businesses were open but subjected to restrictions due to London being under Tier 2 restrictions from 17 October until 4 November 2020 and from 2 December to 15 December 2020 and Tier 3 restrictions from 16 to 19 December.
The government has issued guidance that this scheme is aimed at helping hospitality, hotel, bed and breakfast and leisure businesses which were not legally required to close but who were severely financially impacted due to trading restrictions during these periods.
Whilst the LRSG (Open) scheme has discretion, Hammersmith & Fulham Council will only be making payments to the business sectors which the government has prioritised.
The scheme will be run on a first come first served basis and once the full allocation has been spent, no further grants will be paid.
To be eligible for this grant, businesses must:
- have been open and trading on 16 October 2020
- be liable for business rates and have a business rates reference number
- provide proof of loss due to the impact of the Tier 2 or Tier 3 restrictions.
- Businesses that may be eligible for this funding
The following businesses may be eligible for this grant:
- Properties that are being used for the sale of food and or drink to visiting members of the public: Restaurants, cafés, takeaways, coffee shops, pubs and bars
- Cinemas or live music venues (wholly or mainly used for the performance of live music for the purpose of entertaining an audience)
- Assembly or leisure property (Properties that are being used for the provision of sport, leisure and facilities to visiting members of the public (including for the viewing of such activities): Sports grounds and clubs, museums and art galleries, sport and leisure facilities, stately homes and historic houses, theatres, tourist attractions, gyms, wellness centres, spas, massage parlours, casinos, gambling clubs and bingo halls, public halls, clubhouses, clubs and institutions
- Properties where the non-domestic part is being used for the provision of living accommodation as a business: Hotels, Guest and Boarding Houses, holiday homes, caravan parks and sites
- Businesses which do not qualify for this funding
Businesses which do not qualify for this funding include:
- Retail businesses
- Events hire and supply chain businesses
- Properties run by central or local Government
- Businesses which are in administration, insolvent, have been or are listed to be dissolved, or where a striking-off notice has been
- Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework
How much will my business get?
The amount you get depends on the rateable value of the business property that you occupy.
All payments will be pro-rata from the grant amounts listed below:
For the period 17 October to 4 November 2020 (19 days under Tier 2)
- If your rateable value is £15,000 or less you will receive £934 per 28-day qualifying period
- If your rateable value is over £15,000 and less that £51,000 you will receive £1,400 per 28-day qualifying period
- If your rateable value is £51,000 or more you will receive £2,100 period per 28-day qualifying period
For the period 2 December to 15 December (14 days under Tier 2) and 16 December to 19 December (4 days under Tier 3)
- If your rateable value is £15,000 or less you will receive £467 per 14-day qualifying period
- If your rateable value is over £15,000 and less that £51,000 you will receive £700 per 14-day qualifying period
- If your rateable value is £51,000 or more you will receive £1050 period per 14-day qualifying period
How to apply
To complete the online application form you will need:
- your business contact details
- your business rates account number
- your business bank account number and sort code
- accounting evidence
- bank statements – please ensure you have digital versions to upload
- your company registration number if you are a limited company
- your national insurance number if you are a sole trader
- your VAT number if applicable
We will not accept applications from third parties, we will only consider applications completed by the business or sole trader.
The application deadline for this scheme will be subject to a review by the Government on 31 January 2021.