Christmas business support payment for pubs
Pubs that make less than 50% of their income from food sales can apply for a one-off Christmas support payment of £1,000 if they have been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions between 2 December 2020 and 29 December 2020.
The grant is for wet-led pubs and is not retrospective.
- What is the definition of a wet led pub?
A wet led pub is defined as a pub that get less than 50% of its income from sales of food, is open to the general public, allows free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided, allows drinking without requiring food to be consumed and permits drinks to be purchased at a bar.
The definition excludes: restaurants, cafes, nightclubs, hotels, snack bars, guesthouses, boarding houses, sporting venues, music venues, festival sites, theatres, museums, exhibition halls, cinemas, concert halls and casinos.
To be eligible for this grant, you must:
- be running a pub
- get less than 50% of your sales from food
- be registered to pay business rates to H&F Council
- have been running the business before 1 December 2020
- Wet led pubs that will not be eligible for this funding
Businesses will not be eligible for this funding if:
- they get over 50% of their income from food sales.
- they have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under, the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework and all other UK schemes under the terms of the European Commission’s Temporary Framework.
- they are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made.
How much you'll get
You will get a single one off payment of £1,000.
If you trade from multiple premises, you will need to apply separately for each one.
How to apply
To complete the online application form you will need:
- your business rates reference number, found on your bill
- the name registered on your business rates account
- your business bank account details
- your business contact details
- accounting evidence that your pub derives less than 50% of its income from sales of food
- bank statements
- your company registration number if you are a limited company
- your national insurance number if you are a sole trader
- your VAT number if applicable
We will not accept applications from third parties, we will only consider applications completed by the business or sole trader.
The application deadline for this scheme is 11.59pm on 31 January 2021.