H&F supports residents who are shielding in second lockdown
Hammersmith & Fulham Council is continuing to support residents who had to shield in the last lockdown.
We’ve got lots of services to help you stay safe and self-isolate if you need to do so.
To talk about your needs, please call our friendly H&F Shield helpline on Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm and Saturday 10am to 2pm on freephone 0800 917 6994. Or email us at email@example.com
Since H&F CAN and H&F Shield services were created earlier this year, we have received more than 17,000 calls from H&F residents who need our help.
Here are some examples of how we can help:
- support with setting up online food deliveries from supermarkets
- information on how to stay safe and minimise risk when going out
- assistance if you’re struggling to make ends meet
- if you’re feeling lonely or have mental health worries, we know people you can talk to
- if you don’t feel safe going out, we can put you in touch with Mutual Aid Groups in your local area who can run errands
- if you’re concerned about any shops which aren’t operating safely, we have legal powers to get them to follow the rules.
Remember, if you just want a chat, calling us won’t cost you a penny.
For people who need prescriptions collected there are options for home delivery.
In the first instance speak to your local pharmacist. If they are unable to help you can request an NHS volunteer by completing a form online. Don’t forget you can also ask a friend or neighbour to collect a prescription for you.
You can also get in touch with a local Mutual Aid Group for help with tasks that you need help with for example shopping or dog walking.
- Mutual Aid Groups
Across Hammersmith & Fulham a number of COVID-19 Mutual Aid Groups (MAGs) have been set up by local residents to support residents during the current pandemic. H&F Council is working closely with these groups.
Among the services they offer are:
- shopping where resident can afford to pay for shopping
- dog walking
- posting a letter.
The links in this section open in new windows.
To request support from your local Mutual Aid Group for yourself or someone else simply complete this online request form.
You can join your local MAG through Facebook - Hammersmith Covid-19 Mutual Aid Group or Facebook - Fulham Covid-19 Mutual Aid Group
Or through your local WhatsApp group:
- Addison WhatsApp
- Askew WhatsApp
- Avonmore & Brook Green WhatsApp
- College Park and Old Oak Caxton Village WhatsApp
- Fulham WhatsApp
- Hammersmith Broadway WhatsApp
- Ravenscourt Park WhatsApp
- Shepherds Bush Green WhatsApp
- White City and Wormholt WhatsApp.
Not sure which ward you are in? Find my ward.
Safeguarding and data protection - We have worked closely with the MAGs to assess the measures they have in place to assign tasks to their local volunteers and track what happens to support requests. Given the nature of support request we will be passing to the MAGs, we are very satisfied with the processes they have in place to ensure appropriate safeguarding and data protection.
The best way to keep everyone safe is to do all you can to stop the spread of the virus.
If you’re experiencing symptoms (a high temperature, new continuous cough or a change to your sense of taste or smell) then you must get tested. You can arrange this at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119.
By law, you must wear a face covering in shops and on public transport, unless exempt on medical grounds. Please observe social distancing when out and about.
You must also self-isolate if asked to do so. Please get in touch if you’re finding this hard so we can support you.