Libraries across Hammersmith & Fulham are open again from today, but there’ll be changes to how you use them.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, services at libraries are limited compared to normal, but you can now visit again for browsing, using a computer and photocopying.
“We’re delighted to be able to welcome visitors back to our libraries,” said Cllr Wesley Harcourt, H&F Cabinet Member for Environment.
“Our online library resources have kept many residents entertained during the COVID-19 crisis, but we know lots of people prefer visiting in person.
“We look forward to everyone returning and just ask that you follow any guidance advised by our staff, for their and your safety.”
Some of the borough’s libraries had already opened with limited services, but now the remainder have reopened too. However, Hammersmith library remains closed until 30 September while it undergoes some refurbishments.
What has changed?
- Opening hours will be slightly different. Please check our individual library pages for opening times.
- Capacity will be restricted, so you may need to queue to get in at busy times.
- We’ve had to remove some computers to allow social distancing, so there may be delays waiting to use them. To help, we’re limiting time to a maximum on one hour, with no extension.
- We’ve removed physical newspapers or magazines. However, you can still access all this content through our online resources.
- We’ve stopped all activities and in-person events for children or adults, and no study facilities are currently available.
- Test and trace for visitors.
Select and Collect
Our Select and Collect service ended on Saturday 12 September. You can now reserve and collect books as normal.
Home library service
We’ve taken steps to make homes deliveries as safe as possible. Our driver will deliver your items to your door wearing personal protective equipment. They will also maintain social distancing at all times.
If you can't get to your local library because of illness, disability, frailty or caring responsibilities and are not already using this service, why not send us an email to the address below to see if you qualify?
You can return your library items to any of our sites.
Loans and charges
Old charges can now be paid at the library.
Online events at our libraries
Want to read more news stories like this? Subscribe to our weekly e-news bulletin.
By sending us a comment, you are agreeing to our publishing policy.