Transport for London (TfL) has introduced extra services on route 533, Hammersmith Bus Station to Castlenau, Lonsdale Road
The extra services will run:
- Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 7pm - three buses every hour and then two buses an hour in the evenings
- Saturday 9am to 6.30pm - four buses per hour
- Sunday 9am to 6.30pm - four buses per hour.
TfL is also increasing the number of buses running on route 378 to help customers to connect with London Underground District Line services at Putney Bridge helping to improve the link between there and Mortlake.
Changes from Saturday 5 September
TfL will run extra services on route 378, Mortlake Bus Station to Putney Bridge Station.
These extra services will run:
- Monday to Saturday daytime - eight buses per hour
- weekday evenings and on the weekends - six buses per hour
- Sundays early morning - four buses per hour.
To enhance route 378, TfL need to reduce the current service levels on Route 209 which has seen a fall in customer numbers since the bridge closed to pedestrians.
Route 209, Mortlake Bus Station to Lonsdale Road, will be reduced:
- Monday to Saturday daytime - down to four buses per hour
- weekday evenings and on the weekends - down to three buses per hour
- Sunday early morning - down to two buses per hour
Posters at selected bus stops will advise customers wishing to travel across the river to use alternative bus connections such as changing routes between the:
- 378 bus and 220 bus at Putney Bridge
- 256 bus and 220 bus at Putney Bridge station
- 419 bus and 190 bus at Lower Richmond Road, Clifford Avenue
- 33 bus and 430 bus via a short walk between Barnes station, Rocks Lane and Lower Richmond Road.
You can find the latest travel advice on the TfL Hammersmith Bridge closure page.
Visit the TfL travel guidance for schools page for more information on the changes to make school travel safer and the latest advice and resources for schools and other education settings.