As the coronavirus outbreak brings drastic changes to life in Hammersmith & Fulham, we all need to do everything we possibly can to help our local economy bounce back stronger than ever.
That’s why we’ve launched our new Shop Local Shop Safe campaign, in partnership with local business leaders to give our town centres, high streets, retailers, small businesses, arts organisations and markets a boost as the lockdown is eased, and businesses begin to reopen across Hammersmith, Fulham and Shepherds Bush.
We want to help businesses to reopen their premises and offices safely, and keep residents safe as they help give our local traders and entrepreneurs the support they need to continue to make H&F a great place to live, work and socialise.
“While we’re all staying closer to home, this is the perfect time to do everything we possibly can to help our local economy bounce back,” said Cllr Andrew Jones, H&F Cabinet Member for the Economy.
“Our Shop Local Shop Safe campaign can help protect both businesses and residents from the pandemic and give committed local traders the support they need. If you are a local business, please get involved in our Shop Local Shop Safe campaign.”
How can local businesses get involved?
– Display a Shop Local Shop Safe poster to promote your local business and neighbourhood so residents invest in the local economy by shopping locally.
– Use our Shop Local Shop Safe logo on your website, email signature and social media to promote the campaign.
– Use the hashtag #HFShopLocal in your social media posts.
– Buy locally from other businesses when purchasing goods and services for your business.
– Display the government’s Staying COVID-19 Secure poster (pdf 368KB) in your shop front or premises, and follow all social distancing and public health guidelines to protect your employees and customers. Shop safe guidance is explained further down this page.
– Use extra outdoor space to trade from this summer as we offer local footway space, or other communal public areas as extra trading space to local businesses. Find out more here.
– Let your customers know you are open along with promoting business offers, discounts and opening hours.
– Walk and cycle to work using our new temporary cycle lanes and wider pavements which make it easier to social distance, including while your customers queue outside your business. Read more about our temporary cycle lanes.
– Feature in our H&F Food Guide promoting local restaurants and takeaways.
– Use our Parcels not Pollution e-cargo bikes to make emissions-free deliveries. Read more about the e-cargo bikes.
We will be updating this page shortly with more information on how local businesses can engage and benefit from the campaign.
Hammersmith BID, Fulham BID and Shepherds Bush Business Forum are also running initiatives in support of our Shop Local Shop Safe campaign.
Find out more here:
We want to ensure our businesses and residents are safe as the lockdown is eased, and we will continue to make public safety a priority.
Busy shopping areas in King Street, Hammersmith, and Uxbridge Road, Shepherds Bush, have been temporarily widened to help pedestrians queue safely outside shops and to pass each other while social distancing. More improvements are on the way for other streets in the borough.
You can find all the latest information on how and when your business can reopen safely on our reopening for business during COVID-19 page.
It includes advice and support for businesses on social distancing, carrying out risk assessments in accordance with the Health and Safety Executive, PPE, customer safety, employee safety, and more.
Need more information?
Want to read more news stories like this? Subscribe to our weekly e-news bulletin.
By sending us a comment, you are agreeing to our publishing policy.