Under the Children and Families Act 2014, the government placed new duties on the local health, social and education services that provide for children and young people with special educational needs and, or disabilities. The inspection will evaluate how effectively the local area:
- identifies the needs of children and young people who have special educational needs and, or disabilities (SEND)
- meets the needs of these children and young people so that their outcomes and chances of participating fully in society improve.
The views of children and young people who have SEND, and the views of their parents and carers will be gathered during visits to a number of early years settings, schools, colleges and specialist services. They can also express their views in other ways - please see more information below.
These views are critical to the inspection process. During the inspection, Ofsted and CQC inspectors will be keen to speak to as many children and young people and their parents and carers as possible.
Have your say
There are several ways in which children, young people, parents and carers from your provision can engage with the inspection process and contribute their views:
- The inspection includes an online recorded webinar to allow Hammersmith and Fulham’s parents and carers of children with special educational needs and, or disabilities to contribute. The webinar will take place from 12 noon on Monday 26 November 2018 until 4pm on Tuesday 4 December 2018.
- Parents and carers can contact their local Parent Carer Forum (Parentsactive) to request details of how they can attend the discussions held between parents and carers and the Ofsted/CQC inspection team.
- Parents and carers can email their contributions to LAsend.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Details about the local area SEND inspection is available on H&F website and distributed through the local area’s Clinical Commissioning Group/s (CCGs). Information about how children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities can share their views about the local area’s effectiveness should be included in the local offer.