How tech savvy are you? Are you a whizz on a computer, mobile phone or laptop?
If the answer is no, then why not come and meet one of our TechMates?
TechMates are volunteers who are experts in showing you how to make the most of your devices.
You can meet them and get some help at five drop-in sessions, run on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Simply bring along your device, all the help is free.
The five different sessions are available as below:
- 10.30am to 12.30pm on Mondays at Kathy Dolan Centre, 78 White City Close, Shepherds Bush, W12 7DZ
- 10.30am to 12.30pm on Tuesdays at Clem Atlee Community Hall, in Len Freeman Place, Fulham, SW6 7TN
- 2.30pm to 4.30pm on Tuesdays at Charecroft Community Hall in Rockley Road, Shepherds Bush, W12 8PQ
- 10.30am to 12.30pm on Thursdays at Queen Caroline Community Hall in Worlidge Street, Hammersmith, W6 9BP
- 2.30pm to 4.30pm on Thursdays at Philpot Square Residents' Hall, Philpot Square, Fulham, SW6 3HU.
As well as technical skills, advisors will be able to give you advice on how to use your new-found knowledge to get the information and advice you need.
It will include guidance on how to save money, look for jobs, access council and government services and apply for benefits like Universal Credit.
You’ll also learn how to use the internet to find out about your local area, check local transport, keep in touch with friends, and more.
The scheme is run by H&F Council, Citizens Advice Hammersmith and Fulham, and Bishop Creighton House.
Volunteer as a digital champion
Can you volunteer half a day a week to help people develop their digital skills?
You’ll be trained by a by a Citizens Advice volunteer, have fun, and learn new skills.
To find out more about volunteering or attending the sessions, call the TechMate team on 07739 768625 or email them on email@example.com.
Want to read more news stories like this? Subscribe to our weekly e-news bulletin.
By sending us a comment, you are agreeing to our publishing policy.