Looking for a new job? Want to learn some new skills? Come and get all the advice and support you need at our Employment and Skills Fair on Thursday 6 September, from 10am-3pm.
WorkZone – in partnership with Hammersmith & Fulham Council and Westfield London – is hosting the free event from 10am to 3pm in the Assembly Hall at Hammersmith Town Hall, in King Street.
With more than 70 exhibitors including John Lewis, Tesco, Thames Tideway, St George and the London Ambulance Service in attendance, there will be a wide range of jobs, training opportunities, apprenticeships and advice available on the day.
“This is a great opportunity to get yourself back into work or learn some new skills for a change in career,” said Cllr Andrew Jones, H&F Cabinet Member for the Economy and the Arts. “WorkZone continues to do a brilliant job bringing residents and local businesses together as we aim to make H&F the best place to live, work and play in Europe.”
There will also be a variety of free workshops at the event covering topics such as adult apprenticeships and interview technique.
Workshops on the day include:
- 10am – Work and health programme (Shaw Trust)
- 11am – Adult apprenticeships (West London College)
- 12 noon and 12.30pm – How to complete a successful interview (John Lewis)
- 1pm and 1.30pm – Money Matters (OnePlace)
The WorkZone, based in Shepherds Bush Library, is a dedicated free service which helps local people to secure jobs. It assists jobseekers to:
- Learn about opportunities in retail, customer service, construction, hospitality industries and much more
- Access the latest available jobs at Westfield London
- Get one-to-one advice towards finding work and starting an apprenticeship
- Access the best skills training to prepare you for employment
- Get advice from a dedicated recruitment advisor
- Learn about opportunities to work for major companies and household brands
For further information, please call Lesley Grant on 020 8753 6548/ 07795 267 151, or email email@example.com.
Want to read more news stories like this? Subscribe to our weekly e-news bulletin.
By sending us a comment, you are agreeing to our publishing policy.