The summer holiday season is a fantastic opportunity to try something new so we are inviting all local children and young people to attend one of our exciting Summer in the City events.
There are more than 1,000 events and activities in our Summer in the City programme so why not take part?
All the events are free or low cost. Most of them are run by well-known youth activity provider Let Me Play who are based off Blythe Road in West Kensington.
With so much variety on offer you’re bound to find something you like, whether it’s a chance to indulge in an existing hobby or to try out something new. You might find your new favourite past-time.
“Summer in the City is one of the highlights of the year for families,” said Cllr Larry Culhane, H&F Cabinet Member for Children and Education.
“The variety on offer shows just how much is happening for children, young people and families in H&F, not just in the summer but in the rest of the year, too.
“Don’t just take my word for it, though. Come along to some of the events, join the fun and see for yourselves.”
So much to do
There are a massive range of events and activities including sport, music lessons, arts and crafts, drama, family fun, and exhibitions for 11 to 19-year-olds.
There are also activities for Disabled people aged 25 and under.
Events start on 23 July and continue throughout the whole summer.
Find all the events and details at our Summer in the City website or pick up a highlight guide at Hammersmith Town Hall, your school, libraries, children’s centres and youth clubs.
Six of the best!
- Take to the river and try out a kayak at Fulham Reach Boat Club in Distillery Wharf, Chancellors Road.
- Grab some hoops and enjoy learning aerial acrobatics and other circus skills at Edward Woods Community Centre, Shepherds Bush.
- Learn to spit some bars in a beatboxing masterclass in Wood Lane Estate, White City.
- Get some tips on how to perfect a three-pointer with basketball lessons at Hurlingham Academy in Peterborough Road, Fulham.
- Learn some creative make-up techniques at hair and beauty masterclasses at Phoenix Fitness Centre.
- Join in some exercise sessions that pack a punch with Boxing @ Kids on the Green at the Edward Woods Community Centre, Shepherds Bush.
Want to read more news stories like this? Subscribe to our weekly e-news bulletin.
By sending us a comment, you are agreeing to our publishing policy.