Making payments for penalty charge notices
How to pay your penalty charge
If you wish to pay your penalty as quickly and as cheaply as possible, you can take advantage of the 50% discount for early payment. To qualify for the discount, we must receive your payment within 14 calendar days from the day that the penalty charge notice (PCN) was issued*. After this period has expired, the full penalty charge will become due.** The amount payable is shown on the PCN.
Please note that the full penalty charge amount for 'more serious' contraventions increased from £120 to £130 on 15/04/11. The 50% discounted settlement rate for these PCNs also increased from £60 to £65 on the same date.
Ways to pay:
By Visa Credit Card, Mastercard, Visa Debit Card, Maestro, Solo or Electron
- Call us on (020) 7371 5678 (lines are open 24 hours). Assistance with card payments is available during our office hours, which are from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday (excluding public holidays).
- Pay online
- Please note that we do not accept payment by American Express or Diners cards.
By cheque or postal order
NB. You may wish to avoid the risk of postal delays (and the risk of your payment arriving late) by using one of the other payment methods detailed on this page.
Make your cheque or postal order payable to ‘London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham’
- Write your penalty charge notice number and vehicle registration number on the reverse
- Send your payment to LBHF Parking Services, PO Box 4666, Worthing BN11 9FY. (If you still have the envelope in which your ticket was issued, you can return your payment to us using this – these envelopes do not require a stamp).
- Receipts for postal payments will only be issued if a stamped addressed envelope is included with the payment.
Payment in person
- at "Pay and Park" within the h&f Direct Centre, Hammersmith Town Hall Extension. Contact details for pay and park (including opening hours). They accept cheques, postal orders, and the credit/debit cards listed above.
* For parking PCN's issued by post for contraventions captured on CCTV which occurred on or after 30/03/08, the discount period is 21 days from the date of the PCN.
** If a Charge Certificate has been issued, a surcharge will be payable in addition to the original full penalty amount. The surcharge is 50% of the original full penalty amount. The Charge Certificate will show the amount due.
Once registered at court as a debt, a court registration fee is also payable. The court registration fee is £7 (£5 for cases registered at court prior to 04/04/11).
Page last updated: 06/02/2014