A portal to everything in Hammersmith & Fulham, tailored to you.
Viewing our site
Our site has been designed and tested in a variety of browsers.
Our homepage is the gateway to Hammersmith & Fulham. It's not just a council website. It links you to other public services in the area, community groups, restaurants, and much more. And it's tailored to you. Using your visit history, we aim to offer you easy routes to the content you are most interested in.
Main features include:
View and manage your own account for council tax, housing benefits, parking permit renewals and reporting street problems.
- Find public services - We have added links to other public services' websites in the borough to provide you with a single portal to everything in H&F.
- Council services - click on the arrow next to council services to view our service navigation. All council services can be found here and are grouped into standard categories as used by many council websites.
- Popular services - the green box contains fast links to our most popular pages.
- Search - within the banner is a search box, powered by Google, which allows you to do a keyword search
- A-Z - an alphabetical list of council services. Click on the words 'A-Z of services' to search for services.
- Breadcrumb trail - beneath the picture centre top is a breadcrumb trail which appears on every page to help you see where you are in the site.
- Latest news banner - two or three of our latest news items are linked from this area which refreshes every few seconds. Click on the links inside this box to go to more news.
- Pay it, report it, do it - these buttons take you directly to the main self-service transactions on our site.
- Your H&F - we have tailored our content to you! Using cookies we track your visit history with us in order to offer you related information you may be interested in. Enter your post code in the 'near you' box to get latest news about what's happening in your area. We also offer your recently visited pages to help you get back quickly to pages you have recently visited.
- Where's your nearest... - a postcode search facility to help you find your nearest services in Hammersmith & Fulham. Tick the services you want to find and enter your postcode.
- Your news and reviews - this section is designed to link you in to the wider borough community. It includes arts and restaurant reviews, links to other local organisations' sites and - for a more local view - links to our local community pages for Fulham, Shepherds Bush and Hammersmith.
- Footer service directory - our quick links guide to the main council services appears at the bottom of every page to help you navigate to new areas - wherever you are.
At the top of every page are three links:
- Help – the area you are using right now
- Contact us – links to our key online services to help you help yourself, plus useful contact numbers.
- Accessibility – How the council is making our site more usable to all. This includes tips on how to change the text size and colour of your page.
Links back to homepage
The h&f logo in the left hand column on any page always links back to the homepage as do the words Council services at the top of the left hand menu.
To help you identify in which part of the website you are in, the breadcrumb trail below the A-Z green bar shows you where the page you are on is in the site.
Clicking on Council services in the left hand navigation opens the 12 top-level sections, clicking on one of these section headings moves it to the top of the list and the menu opens up to show relevant subsections and pages. The other main sections disappear. The sections headings you have clicked on to reach the current page remain visible in the left menu to help you find your way back to previous pages.
Alternatively, you can use the back button on your browser to return to the page you last visited or click on the Hammersmith & Fulham banner at the top of every page to return to the home page.
Some forms on our website use the council’s interactive software which can be completed online. Others are available as PDF files, which need to be printed, filled out, signed, and returned to the relevant council office.
To view PDF files, you will need to ensure that you have the correct software installed. See the Adobe website: http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/
We have strict security measures in place to prevent the alteration, loss or misuse of information on our computers. Our online payments are subject to the tightest security under our control. If you would like to know more, including about how we look after your information, please see our Information Charter or contact the Information Management Team.
The bottom of each page contains some of the links from the header and further links to:
Help – where you are now.
Freedom of information –provides information to members of the public on how use their rights under the Act to identify and access information.
Privacy – States how, if requested, personal information is used.
Copyright – Use of the website’s content and images.
Disclaimer – What the council is responsible for on the website
Accessibility –See section one.
Feedback – To make a comment about the website, please use this online form.
Website statistics - Showing the number of visitors to our site.
Faces - There is also a facility on the bottom of every page for you to tell us what you think about individual pages using the green, yellow and red faces.
Page last updated: 11/11/2010