Planning applications database search
Search for and comment on planning applications
Only valid planning applications are available via the search, we will endeavour to put up-to-date information online as soon as possible but it should be noted that from time to time, there may be a short delay in getting information onto the web and would ask that you bear with us if this is the case.
Help with commenting on planning applications
Please note, your comments whether submitted online, via email or in a letter will become public documents, they cannot be treated as confidential even if the writer expressly wishes it (in accordance with the Local Government Act 2000).
What information is available via the database?
- Planning applications and associated documents: You can search, track and comment on current planning applications, and you can view documents including application forms, drawings and correspondence related to these applications.
- Historic planning records: Since 23 June 2005, application documents have been scanned and are available to view online. You are able to view application forms, drawings, reports and decisions related to these applications.
- Register of planning decisions: All decision notices can be seen by searching the database.
- Planning appeals records: You can check the progress of a current planning appeal or browse past records.
- Weekly list of planning applications: You can view a list of all applications received or decided by week.
- Planning enforcement records: You can view planning enforcement notices.
This information is also available at Hammersmith Town Hall Extension, King Street, London W6 9JU.
Plans, drawing and all other material submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyright Acts (in particular section 47 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Conditions of use
- As updates may be undertaken during this period, the service may be unavailable during the hours 0100-0600.
- Whilst we have made every effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up-to-date, the data does not constitute a legal record, and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal Land Charges Search. The Council cannot accept responsibility for any loss or inconvenience caused by reliance on inaccurate material contained on this site.
- The records available do not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning application, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed are undertaken entirely at the owner’s own risk.
- The information contained here does not constitute a full planning history and therefore cannot be relied upon to indicate planning history for a site. The application decision does not take the results of any subsequent appeals into account. For reasons of confidentiality, the Council may choose not to make available documents relating to certain planning applications.
- Under normal circumstances, plans and documents associated with new planning applications will be available for viewing within 1 working day of receipt of a valid application. If documents are not available you may wish to try at a later date, or alternatively view the application at the planning office at the address above.
- For historic records, we have tried to provide as much information as possible, but there are gaps. We are working hard to update the database to include all past applications and to ensure that any gaps are filled.
- Please note that, in accordance with the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended), any comments submitted will be made available for public inspection unless those comments are considered exempt information under Schedule 12A of the Local Government 1972.
- You will require Adobe Acrobat Viewer installed in order to view documents associated with applications.
- The PublicAccess search facility is optimised for use with Microsoft Internet Explorer. Other internet browsers (eg. Netscape, Mozilla Firefox) will work, with the exception of the map display function, which may not be currently supported. The Council advises using Internet Explorer whilst browsing records in PublicAccess.
Page last updated: 23/10/2013