Planning duty planner service
Informal advice on some planning issues
A duty planner service operates from the Environment Services Department Reception, 1st floor Hammersmith Town Hall Extension, King Street, W6 9JU. A planner will be available to give informal planning advice in person, on the telephone or by email.
The service is available during the following hours:
Monday - Thursday 1.30pm - 4.30pm; pre-arranged appointments only
Booking an appointment
Please note that appointments can only be made online since personal information is required.
The duty planner will be able to help you by:
- explaining the council's planning policies
- providing general advice on permitted development rights; and
- help you understand planning applications;
The duty planner will not be available to:
- give written advice;
- discuss with applicants or agents the technical merits of current applications, recently refused applications or appeals;
- any form of pre-application advice; and
- decide minor amendments to planning permissions.
Advice on the last two items should be sought by arranging a meeting with the case officer who has dealt with the application or appeal.
Any advice given by the duty planner does not indicate any formal decision by the Council as local planning authority. Any views or opinions expressed are given in good faith and to the best of ability, without prejudice to the formal consideration of any planning application following statutory public consultation, the issues raised and evaluation of all available information.
Page last updated: 18/12/2014