Complaints - advocacy

Complaints - advocacy

If you are unhappy with the way the Council has dealt with your complaint you can ask the advice of the Local Government Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is an independent person who investigates allegations of maladministration causing injustice to the person who has complained. The Ombudsman investigates complaints about most council matters including housing, planning, education, social services and council tax.

Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771

Tel: 0300 061 0614 or 0845 602 1983

Fax: 024 7682 0001

Text ‘call back’ to 0762 480 4299

The Local Government Ombudsman has a leaflet called 'How to complain to the Local Government Ombudsman'. You can get a copy by telephoning or writing to the address above, or you can download it from the Ombudsman's website. Visit the website at

If you have an enquiry about the Local Government Ombudsman's service you can telephone their Adviceline on 0845 602 1983

Page last updated: 12/05/2014